28 December 2016

Carrie Fisher

The news of Carrie Fisher going into cardiac arrest a couple days before Christmas followed by her death yesterday was rather disturbing within the psychiatric survivor community, particularly the ECT survivor community. I admit that I tend to live under a rock and don’t pay very much attention to news concerning movie stars and the entertainment industry in general. Nonetheless, Carrie was briefly mentioned on this blog a year and a half ago. She also became a topic of discussion at the beginning of December in some online forums I belong to. These discussions led me to write the following email to my daughters on December 6th:

Hi Girls,

I believe you two took me to the new Star Wars movie last year for Christmas. I enjoyed it and it was a lot of fun, but I would rather not go to the new one which I assume will be coming out soon (I don’t know because I live under a rock).

I’ve decided to boycott Star Wars… and perhaps much, if not all, of Hollywood. It is a corrupt industry that destroys the lives of those who work in it, particularly children.

[…], the general philosophy behind Star Wars, from the very beginning, has been antithetical to the Christian Faith, as with most Hollywood movies in some way or other. This is most succinctly summed up in the statement by Obi-Wan in Episode III, “Only a Sith deals in absolutes.”

However, it has come to my attention through some of the anti-psychiatry forums I’m on that Carrie Fisher, the actress who played Princess Leia, has been “treated” for “bi-polar” and is now a patsy for the psychiatric industry and a promoter of ECT. After watching a few interviews with her, it’s quite obvious she shows signs of brain damage. Her most recent book is the diaries she kept while she was 19 and making the first Star Wars movie. She doesn’t remember much from that time period or even writing these diaries. She just happen to find them and decided to publish them. I assume she has so much accumulative damage from the ECT that she can’t write anymore, the last thing she wrote was Shockaholic published in 2011, so she published her private diaries, which she now seems to regret.

It seems rather obvious why she was diagnosed with “bi-polar.” She was born in Beverly Hills, California, and is the daughter of singer Eddie Fisher and actress Debbie Reynolds. She grew up in a very unhealthy society that works and supports a corrupt and unhealthy entertainment industry, for which she also began working. This is enough to drive almost anyone “crazy."

This was bothersome enough, but this morning I learned that Jake Broadbent, the actor who played the child Anakin Skywalker in Episode I, has been moved from jail to a psychiatric facility. He’s been diagnosed with “schizophrenia." He had already publicly acknowledge what caused this:
Broadbent, whose film credit for “Star Wars” is as “Jake Lloyd,” said in 2012 that the film made his childhood difficult and was the reason he gave up acting.
“Other children were really mean to me,” he said. “They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad. … My entire school life was really a living hell.”
I do not want to contribute to the destruction of lives, which leads to being abused by eugenicists masquerading as doctors (i.e. psychiatrists). Besides, I’ve always known the general philosophy of the Star Wars movies, as with almost all of Hollywood movies, is anti-Christian.

If you’d like to give me a movie for Christmas, I’d like a DVD copy of The Reluctant Saint so that I can watch a better quality version than what’s on YouTube.

BTW: Sister Janet Mead, who became a vary famous and successful “rock star” as a singing nun in the early 1970’s, describes her record's success as a "horrible time" in her life — worldwide success brought a pressure that led her to question her faith. This is why she withdrew from public life, which was easy to do since she was a nun.

In caritate Christi,
Russell Jonas Grigaitis, O.F.S.
(Руслан Йона Ґріґайтіс)

http://grigaitis.net

“Ο Ἰατρός τῶν ψυχῶν καὶ τῶν σωμάτων ἡμῶν"
“Лікарю душ і тіл наших”
“O Physician of our souls and bodies”
— The Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom

Who is at fault for the suffering and death of Carrie Fisher? I cannot judge anyone’s culpability since I cannot judge anyone’s ignorance (or delusion, or dissociation, or any other such factor). I can however, judge my own actions and their consequences. To more specifically answer this question, I will quote G. K. Chesterton’s alleged answer to the alleged inquiry to him from The Times: “What’s wrong with the world today?”
Dear Sir,

I am.

Yours,
G.K. Chesterton.

No comments:

Post a Comment